YOUR PEOPLE ARE YOUR COMPETITIVE ADVANTAGE.
Synergy Law Group works with a wide range of organizations, helping them from initial set-up through both domestic and international growth, including acquisitions and, in a number of cases, successful exit or merger.
Businesses that want to increase their likelihood for growth and to protect their enterprise value must mind the details and provide best practices for their human capital and employment matters.
The most successful companies get the people and incentive structures right. And we can help.
FOSTERING AND STRUCTURING THE RIGHT RELATIONSHIPS.
Our deep experience working with companies on the full range of employee and business partner agreements and plans provides us with unique insights for helping business leaders outline and formalize their ‘go forward’ relationships in a way that works for both sides, creating clear understanding of the expectations, and taking account of compliance, tax, securities, employment, and restrictive covenant law.
We help companies develop executive employment agreements and structures, general employment contracts, human resources policies, and other workplace structures and documents to position their businesses for success by...
- Attracting and retaining the right people and partners
- Creating and implementing strong, practical agreements
- Protecting the company and its stakeholders
- Fostering a positive and productive work relationship
- Protecting corporate and customer confidential information
- Ensuring appropriate retention of intellectual property
A company’s failure to proactively deal with Human Capital matters can quickly escalate into expensive and disruptive issues.
You need the right balance of contractual protections, restrictive covenants and incentives – all tied to your enterprise’s growth plans and core values.
ALIGNING INCENTIVES TO THE NEAR- AND LONG-TERM BUSINESS GOALS.
Businesses have many stakeholders. These include more than the owners and executive team, but also the board members, key advisors, strategic partners, commissioned sales people, employees, distribution channels, key suppliers, and investors. Often, incentive agreements are created individually and as needed, without a comprehensive, future-looking plan in place.
We help businesses develop a structured strategy for aligning the plans, focused both on the present needs and the widest range of potential future requirements. We help to create a fertile and flexible environment for growth aligned with the various stakeholder interests — fostering desired behaviors, enterprise value and the positive support of the entire stakeholder community.
REQUEST AN EXPERIENCED, GROWTH-FOCUSED ASSESSMENT OF YOUR HUMAN CAPITAL LEGAL NEEDS.
If you are looking for a sophisticated law firm that can effectively handle your complex and business-critical human capital matters as well as your more routine needs, contact us for a free initial consultation.
We'll help you determine the most effective strategies – balancing the practical and strategic needs of your growth plans.
SYNERGY HANDLES A WIDE RANGE OF EMPLOYMENT MATTERS, TAILORED FOR ALL YOUR TEAM MEMBERS & STAKEHOLDERS, INCLUDING:
- Executive Employment agreements
- General Employee agreements
- FLSA, wage & hour compliance
- Consulting & Contractor agreements
- Sales Commission agreements
- Assignment of invention agreements
- Restrictive Covenants, including:
- - Non-competition
- - Non-solicitation
- Confidentiality agreements
- Separation & Release agreements
- Personal Records Act matters
- Policies & handbooks
- Misappropriation & breach of duty claims
- Employment Litigation
- Advisor agreements
- Executive & Bonus structures
- Structured Executive Management Groups/Buyouts
- Stock, Equity & Option plans
- Incentive Plans:
- - Qualified/Non-qualified Option Grants
- - Restricted or Phantom Stock
- - Appreciation Rights
- - Vesting Formulas
- Management Carve Out plans
- Interplay with financing and tax objectives
- Independent Director Memorandums of Understanding (MoUs)
- Advisor Agreements
- Compensation Structures
- Strategic/Competitive Considerations
- Governance best practices